Colon hydrotherapy is the gentle cleansing of the colon. A trained therapist uses gentle flows of filtered water alternating between warm and cool. This practice removes faecal matter, gas and mucus, promoting a healthy internal ecosystem that is abundant in healthy gut flora.
A healthy gut will allow vital nutrients to be absorbed easily and will leave you feeling rejuvenated, healthy and light. In addition to regular maintenance, you may feel or experience:
- A heightened level of cognitive functioning (clearer thinking, greater memory retention)
- Glowing skin (reduction of acne, eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions)
- A reduction in stress and anxiety
- Increased bowel motility which comes from training the peristalsis which works to promote contraction of this muscle to effectively remove waste
- Decrease in mood swings
- An overall sense of increased energy and vitality
In time our colon (or large intestines which are about 1.5 m long) may become less effective at eliminating waste due to a wide variety of reasons (poor digestive health, environmental and emotional stresses, poor lifestyle choices, lack of exercise and a general lack of care when looking after our personal health and well-being). This waste can become stored for too long and further increase the chances of poor digestive health and chronic inflammation of the gut.
We believe that the gut acts as the second brain, so any trauma is received by the gut and can present through various symptoms of digestive upset. such symptoms include bloating, constipation and IBS. Additionally through other physical ailments such as fatigue, headache, brain fog, lack of energy and dull skin.
Colonics have also been helpful to re-tone & reshape the colon, which is often required when clients suffer from conditions such as lazy bowel – which can lead to severe constipation.
What method of Colon Hydrotherapy do you use and what is the difference between other modalities?
We use only the Closed Method of Colon Hydrotherapy at Your Body Hub. This method is different from the Open Method, which involves a client being left on their own to perform the treatment themselves.
The Closed Method of Colon hydrotherapy involves the safe and gentle infusion of filtered water into the colon via the rectum. No chemicals or drugs are involved and the entire therapy is both relaxing and effective. Our therapists are with you during the treatment and provide you with a gentle massage of the abdomen that is soothing while aiding the natural release of any old and toxic matter. With the Closed Method, a speculum with two tubes attached is inserted gently into the rectum. One tube is used to introduce the flow of filtered water while the other tube is used only for the waste matter to exit, this ensures there is no mess or smell.
The Closed Method uses a colonic machine that requires full assistance and operation of a trained therapist. This method cleanses and hydrates the entire colon as the machine is able to introduce water much more effectively than any other modality. We use TGA approved equipment, meaning disposable after each client’s use.
A few facts about our closed method:
- There is absolutely no noise, no odor and no mess.
- A qualified Colonic Hydrotherapist is in the room with you at all times making the process comfortable as well as more effective and safe.
- Our therapists are all trained, certified and insured.
- With our clients’ consent, a gentle abdominal massage is performed throughout the treatment to assist in releasing any stubborn matter that has adhered to the wall of the colon.
- Warm and cool treatments are often provided when needed, to exercise the colon and stimulate the peristalses of the colon. This method is an effective way of toning the large intestines – just like going to the gym!
- The therapists can identify and provide an explanation on the different types of faecal matter, identify parasites and comment on the general hydration and well-being of the colon.
- Treatment can be interrupted and adjusted at any time to ensure our clients’ comfort is always taken care of. Cramping or pain is rarely experienced. Our therapists monitor and change the water pressure immediately to reduce any sudden build up causing unnecessary bowel distension which may result in discomfort or pain.
- Duration of treatment is usually 30-40 minutes as usually a full evacuation is achieved in this time.
- All waste is removed via a disposable tube directly from your body to the sewerage system via the viewing tube in the colonic machine. The faecal matter is fully contained and transported hygienically and never allows the patient to be exposed to any waste material.
- When you have a qualified therapist treating you, you are receiving professional and individual advice in combination with a procedure rather than just a procedure on its own.
- We believe that it is always safer and more effective to have a qualified professional with you at all times. Open colonic centers have very different standards to ours. We would never allow a client to be left on their own to administer this sort of procedure.
If you have any more questions or would like to book a session please contact us today.